Graham. 10:52 20 May 07

Anyone going to Goa, bring me back one of these:

click here

Top of the range is about £287:

click here

Mr Mistoffelees 13:56 20 May 07

and won't carry my weight!

spuds 14:15 20 May 07

Look no further-try eBay. But word of caution, warranties can be poor and time limited.

Graham. 14:18 20 May 07

I've seen whole families on a scooter.

Graham. 14:19 20 May 07

They've not made it to Ebay yet.

spuds 14:42 20 May 07

I could be wrong, but not that particular brand, but very similar if I am not mistaken.I bought an electric powered bike from an eBay power seller ( Eurotrading International who went bust) about 18 months ago. Not the scooter type, but they are/were available on eBay recently.

They are governed under The Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycles Regulations 1983- Statutory Instrument 1983 No 1168 (as amended). To get further information Vehicle Standards and Engineering 4, Department of Transport, Zone 2/04, Great Minster House, 76 Marsham Street,London SW1P 4DR. Telephone (0207) 944 2078

No tax or mot required (at present) but insurance recommended for third party liability.

The law regarding electrically powered units is presently being looked at, especially if the speed exceeds 7mph (mobility scooters?).

Graham. 14:57 20 May 07

The ads say no licence required, but that's India. I found the Goan motorbike cops pulled me over quite a lot. I must have been the only scooter rider with a licence.

If I produced a British licence, they say you must have an International. And vice versa. If I have both, and all other papers, they point out it is Dwali, have I got a present for them?

wee eddie 15:41 20 May 07

click here

However don't be put off. My friend Ollie rode his motorised Rickshaw all the way back from Thailand. Unfortunately he then got a bit over enthusiastic and decided to go the rest of the way round. It fell down a crevasse in the Greenland Icecap and is now 10foot under. He went back the next summer to try and dig it out but it had moved too deep to be recovered. Sad tale really, he said that the bit across the top of Afghanistan and Turkey were a bit hairy!

lisa02 15:48 20 May 07

Seen one of these on sale in a local DIY/HOME/BIKE shop. Next time I'll look at the price tag.

Graham. 16:02 20 May 07

I have one of these click here But I fancy an electric one.

Graham. 16:25 20 May 07

I'd get one of these, but nowhere to garage it:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…