Can i ask a mobile phone consumerwatch question?

Bailey08787 14:34 08 Feb 05

hi

in mid-december i signed up for a mobile phone contract.

The sales person told me that I could get the phone for £20, if I signed up for the £35 a month contract.

I said I wanted to pay around half that per month. So I was told I could sign up for the £35 a month contract, but get my first 3 months at half-price line rental. Then after 3 months I would be permitted to change my plan, and go with a cheaper plan.

However, having had a few bills through, I can see I'm being charged £35 a month. I looked at the documentation I received when I signed up for the phone, and there's no mention of the first 3 months being half price.

Do I have a proverbial leg to stand on if I go and ask for my £52.50 (£17.50 x 3 months) back?

thanks

BAZZER007 15:50 08 Feb 05

If the contract does not state the first 3 months is half-price then your stuck in it, unless you can query with the sales person you spoke to about your contract.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:59 08 Feb 05

If you have signed a contract you ahve agreed to the terms. If the terms on the contract are different to the ones that you were told, you really do not have a leg to stand on as by signing you have technically agreed that you have studied and understood the contract.

G

Dizzy Bob 17:00 08 Feb 05

Bailey08787,

Check your contract. On a lot of occasions these half price line rentals are via a redemption route. ie you apply to the company at months 3,6,9,12 and they then send you a cheque for the value of half the line rental.

You will have to apply, they generally will not do this pro-actively, and there is usually quite a strict timescale to apply, for instance within 30 days of the bill being recieved.

If the sales person told you the line rental was half price, then this forms part of your legally binding contract. The difficulty lies in you 'proving' that this was in fact what the sales advisor said.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dizzy Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac