Can anyone recommend a webcam

JustinJSY 21:34 23 Apr 04

Can anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful webcam. I've seen a load for less than £20, but are they any good? Ideally I'd like one that can attach to my TFT monitor.

byfordr 22:14 23 Apr 04

Creative NX, got the NX pro but that is £8 outside your budget. The NX doesn't come with a mic.

R

Stuartli 13:06 24 Apr 04

The USB D-Link NetEasy 350 Pro is under £20, has a proper CCD, resolutions of up to 640x480 and performs as well as any Creative or similar equivalent that's at least twice as much to buy.

This is D-Link's NetEasy website (for some strange reason it has an entirely separate site than for its routers etc):

click here

I had the Creative VideoBlaster webcam, which cost me nearly £50, and my son asked if he could swap it for the D-Link for some reason or other at the time.

After the swap there was no difference in the quality of the images and the D-Link even worked with the Creative software.

Scan of Bolton sells them (or at least used to):

click here

Stuartli 13:09 24 Apr 04

Direct specifications link:

click here

Comes with mike and five year warranty, plus free support - not bad for the price..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…