Can anyone recommend a printer?

Chewie100 11:09 04 Mar 03

I am looking for a reliable printer that can handle large workloads for about £150. Anything that will last more than 18 months would be a bonus.

Aspman 11:34 04 Mar 03

Colour or Laser?

Laser = go for the Samsung ML-4500 only £59 +vat at Dabs right now. Quite good too.

Colour= go for one of the more business orientated HP printers I've used the HP-1220c A3 color injet in a heavy use office and it held up well. Replacement carts are expensive but large so it works out cheaper than some budget inkjets.

mikef™ 11:49 04 Mar 03

This is also posted in The Helproom click here which has several replies

bfoc 11:54 04 Mar 03

Apart from Colour/Mono, would you need auto duplexing?

I use a Samsung ML-1210 (under £100 from Dabs a couple of months ago) which is very fast when doing multiple pages (12 ppm) and tne toner save mode produces pretty good quality whilst reducing costs. However it doesn't do Duplex.

Panasonic do an auto duplex laser (KXP-7100) for £139 +Vat available from Watford click here

I have not used the Samsung ML-4500, but if it is anything like my 1210, it would be pretty good.

If it is a 'large workload' colour printer you want the initial price of the printer my well be dwarfed by the consumable costs, so I would start by looking at those!

Coaster3 14:55 04 Mar 03

You can buy the Samsung ML-4500 off the shelf at Staples for £75.00. Also see last entry in click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…