Can anyone recommend me an ISP that has..........

Bailey08787 09:47 17 Apr 07

Can anyone recommend me an ISP that has..........

Up to 8mbs connection
No usage limitations
About £20-30 a month

thanks

Kate B 10:24 17 Apr 07
  iscanut 10:26 17 Apr 07

click here

I have been with this provider for a long time and they are very good.

J B 10:31 17 Apr 07

noted. J.B.

Bailey08787 10:51 17 Apr 07

thanks for the posts

i'm tempted to go with Be, but after putting my tel number and postcode into this site click here I was told 'Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet (SMPF LLU). Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for up to two weeks.' - which puts me off a bit.

Speed line tests also tell me I can only get 3.5mbs download speeds - so I guess going for Be's 24mb option is pretty pointless - but then again, its £24 a month - which seems similar to all the 8mbs connection prices.

I guess of most importance is unlimited download usage - not because I download like crazy, but because I don't want the hassle of having to worry whether I'm going over my monthly usage limit.

Do you live in a cable area? If so, you could go for Virgin Media. All of their packages are unlimited and it costs £25 / month for 4mb. Unlike ADSL providers, your speed will not be affected by how far away you are from the exchange so you will will get the full advertised speed.

Heres a link to the packages they offer click here

Bailey08787 11:07 17 Apr 07

I wish I did. Well, I do actually. I've been trying to sign up to Virgin for the past few weeks. But, despite my neighbours having cable, Virgin tell me that I'm not 'serviceable'. I ask why, they say I'm just not :-(

I know this is just customer services staff typing in my postcode into their postcode checker, and as my address doesn't come up, they just say I'm not serviceable (even though 302, 306, 308 can get it apparently - I'm 310) :-(

click here have just come up with a new format at a price that suits the user needs £14.99 per month sounds about right

Bailey08787 12:28 17 Apr 07

all the plusnet packages have usage limits

Bailey08787 16:31 17 Apr 07

Still looking at Be

However, I don't know much about how LLU works, and whether its a good or bad thing to be bundled/unbundled

From earlier.......
'After putting my tel number and postcode into this site click here I was told 'Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area. However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet (SMPF LLU). Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for up to two weeks.'

So does that mean that if I go with Be there'd be some kind of delay? or not?

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac