Can anyone recommend Maxtor Back up drives

User-324448 11:49 05 May 04

Hi, I recently had a major failer and had to re install XP. Of course my back up onto CDs was 3 weeks behind, can anyone suggest a simple way to back everything up so that I can simply retrieve it to any computer, Maxtor comes to mind. Thanks in anticipation.

Oh! on an earlier posting I read where there was a court case with Evesham, I have used them for many years with no problem, I hope it all gets sorted out without too much bad feeling.

Stuartli 12:00 05 May 04

click here and dabs.com (amongst others) are selling the Maxtor DiamondMax 40GB HDD for £35 - £36 at present.

A better bet, however, could be a Western Digital OEM drive which include a three year warranty (usually the model number ends with JB); 80 to 120GB versions will be around £65-£80.

byfordr 12:06 05 May 04

Yes! Both external and internal.

The one touch drives are nice and quick. Firewire slightly slower than usb2 but less of a resource hogger.

Alternately install a second internal Maxtor 8mb 200gb for less £100 now! click here £95 inc 3 yr warrant ccl computers. This will protect against hardware failures, but not so good against virus's (unless you remove it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced