Can anyone recommend a good IBM Thinkpad supplier?

Karina22 12:06 08 Jun 04

I'm about to buy an IBM Thinkpad (for home use) and am having difficulty finding a good supplier to buy from. I have found '' - does anyone know if they are reliable, or can anyone recommend any other suppliers?

Cheers, Karina

Longinus 13:45 08 Jun 04

I bought this click here

They are very competitive and I ordered it on a friday afternoon and it was dilivered on the following Monday morning.I've had it since last September and had no problems.

Stuartli 14:16 08 Jun 04

This outlet is only a few miles from where I live and does new and pre-used IBM and other marques' laptops, accessories, spare parts and undertakes repairs:

click here

My daughter bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop from them with two-thirds of the three year warranty still valid for £800 - it was half the original price.

It proved handy - the screen went kaput after she had had it for just over a year and Toshiba met the £600 cost of repairs and labour without a quibble.

Chris the Ancient 15:50 08 Jun 04

I bought my 2nd hand lappie from

The lappie arrived at the time promised and well packed. Apart from a small cover for the floppy disk drive connector, all was fine.

After less than a week, the battery failed. I phoned laptopshop. Having discussed the symptoms and the fact that I had done all the things I should, they sent me by express datapost (or whatever the next day thing is) and asked me to use the same package to return the old one for investigation.

Next day, the new battery arrived. I plugged it in and it worked and I sent the old one back.

The Thinkpad has been working fine ever since - and considering it gets used in the car a lot and chucked under the seat.

Now that is the sort of story I like!

If, however, you want a new one, I can't offer suggestions!

Chris the Ancient 15:53 08 Jun 04

This what I went through when I did the same exercise.

click here

Stuartli 16:18 08 Jun 04 the Toshiba Satellite screen repairs above, it was done by a Toshiba appointed repairer based near Bolton.

Karina22 13:34 09 Jun 04

Thanks people - very useful! Will definitely look into those.

Has anyone heard anything about Their prices seem pretty good but I found them randomly on the internet so I don't know whether they're actually any good...

Stuartli 14:57 09 Jun 04

If you key in Used or Secondhand laptops into google you will be amazed at just how many outlets there are out there...:-)

Sparrowhawk 18:16 09 Jun 04

Have you tried IBM?

They sometimes do have good prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…