Can anyone recommend a decent TV tuner/card

erkmatrix 11:06 13 Mar 04

Hi I'm after getting a decent TV Tuner for my computer but with the ability to record programs, my PC is a pretty good one so should work with most and I use XP home with a Ati radeon 9500.

I did see the Ati TV WONDER™ VE but can't seem to find anywhere that sells it

Please any recommendations and where to buy, don't wanna really pay any more than £60 though.

Phil

dagbladet 13:05 13 Mar 04

Not exactly a recommendation but just been to Aldi for the milk and noticed next to the chewing gum, Tevion TV tuner card £29.99. Might be no good, but i'm sure someone on here can tell you.

BIG ben strikes 10 13:48 13 Mar 04

theres a tv-tuner 1/2 the price of your budget im not sure what it is called but it is £30 and you can get this from pcworld and dixons i think it was a creative if you go to one of those stoes.browse around for one.they have a win tv for £50.there is one in argos for £99 that is digital(freeveiw)though and all of these you can record on to your computer and play them back.i have looked at some tv-tuners,for every hour it takes up 1.4Gb of disk sapce.hope this helps?

2020 14:36 13 Mar 04

{HA 4058} Pinnacle PC/TV Stereo PAL Card here click here
they are a great outfit

johnyv 20:13 13 Mar 04

The link on 2020 above does not work can you check please

2020 23:11 13 Mar 04

hi try the click here
aka svp its a pinnicel pc/tv pal card £29.99

2020 23:16 13 Mar 04

johnyv
not sure whats happenin with the link? i went to the one i first posted and then clicked on the link from there it took me straight to the site.
hope you get sorted

Try MSI [email protected] from overclockers click here I have just brought one of these from a shop in Tottenham Court Road and cant fault it. Also comes with FM radio (Recordable) and the ability to schedule TV recordings. Can also record and burn directly to DVD. at £38 not bad.

Stuartli 08:11 14 Mar 04

The Hauppauge range of TV etc tuner cards are regarded as some of the best in the business.

This is the UK home page:

click here

and you can buy them from Scan of Bolton click here (check the TodayOnly page as they are regularly on offer) along with the Hauppauge shop page click here or similar online retailers.

I used to use a Hauppauge card but found I did have problems with the drivers etc.

However, it is still sitting in a box upstairs - send me you address (use the envelope next to my name) and I will gladly pop it in the post to you for free. If it suits you then great, if not, then you havent lost anything either.

erkmatrix 09:26 14 Mar 04

wow cheers guys for the the postings, I've had a look at the recomendations, think I might go for the MSI [email protected] master tv tuner, for the price it seems very reasonable and has the features to record the programs which is what I'm after.

Thanks again to everyone,
Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…