Cameras2u.com, any they any good

Rwstill 18:39 10 Nov 04

I have my eye on a new digital camera.
Lowest price I can find on the web is Cameras2u.com.
Any one had any dealings with this internet shop, and if so are they safe and reliable?
Thanks for any information.

Magik ®© 22:42 10 Nov 04

yes they are, I got my Nikon D100 from them, no problem at all..........

Macscouse 23:12 10 Nov 04

Bought a Konica Minolta dimage Z1 from them, no problems. Neighbour also bought same, but it was faulty. Exchanged it after one phone call. excellent service.

anchor 08:11 11 Nov 04

Do a print-out of their page; take it to a Jessops photo store, and ask them to price-match.

A number of us have, and they did it.

ad47uk 10:17 11 Nov 04

I got myself a Canon MVx250I at a very good price from them.
I ordered it last Thursday and on Friday it was here.
I do not know what their after sales service is like as I not used them before.

Anyone who is going for a camcorder and need a nice one with good features at a decent price and gives good quality then I certainly recomend the camera above.

geezore 10:51 11 Nov 04

I agree with all the above, except that Jessops did not price match and said they do not do it on internet competition! Maybe I need to be more pushy.
I ordered a Canon Ixus 400 from them a year ago, the compact flash card did not work and started filling up after only 200 MB (it was a 512 MB one!)
They told me I could keep the faulty one (which was fine as it still worked well up to 200MB) and sent me a new one which arrived the next day.

Cheap and professional service aswell, what more can you want?

Stuartli 13:55 11 Nov 04

Jessops is openly advertising it will match UK outlet prices.

Why not try e-mailing the company from:

click here

and asking if it will match the price if you have no local store?

Delivery is free for orders of more than £50.

However, if you can get to a store then you will also have the benefit of being able to handle and try out the camera.

I've also had excellent service from click here in the past.

Rwstill 18:36 11 Nov 04

Thanks for the replies
All answers are positive, I will give them a try.
The camera i'm after is the Panasonic FZ20, never thought that I would own a camera with a Leica lens, after 50 years of hoping.
Again thanks.

gobi 19:40 11 Nov 04

A bit out of topic - My local Jessops does internet price match. But on the conditions that the website is in .co.uk domain and the item is in stock. I got a quote from click here on Sony HC40 and got the price match by Jessops. That's a GBP100 less than their shelf's price. Then I went to shop for Sony starter kit in the electrosaver website. Unfortunately, the item has still not arrive after two weeks and the customer service is less than satisfactory. I am glad I bought the camcorder from Jessops. God knows how bad things will be if I bought it from electrosaver and suddenly I need to return it for service.

Rwstill 19:57 11 Nov 04

Those that suggested going to Jessops, well I might have a go.
Cardiff is where I will have to go, is that branch conducive to this sort of thing?
My problem is I don't like arguing.

anchor 14:19 12 Nov 04

It may be a coincidence, but the Head office of Jessops, and that of Cameras2u are barely half a mile apart in Leicester. Perhaps this is why many of us have found Jessops accept and match web prices from Cameras2u.

Are they connected I wonder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…