Camera Insurance

  cycoze 17:56 16 Jun 09

I am looking to get some new kit and thought it might be wise to look into some insurance, currently I have everything on my Home contents policy with an addition for loss/damage outside the home up to £3K...not sure if that is per item or top whack.

I would like to have some better cover as I am looking to get both a lens and Body that both exceed the current limits, I really want/need to have accidental damage included along with theft cover.

So anyone know of any specific kit insurers or content policy caveats that might work for me?

And as an after thought, an alarm would come in handy, I used to have one for my fishing tackle many years ago.

  The Kestrel 18:27 16 Jun 09

Here are links to a couple of companies that specialise in photographic insurance which may be of use:

click here

click here

  Kevscar1 19:06 16 Jun 09

Before paying out phone your House Ins Company and ask, mine is £2k per item.

  laurie53 20:04 16 Jun 09

My company will accept items over the limit as long as they're declared, normally without increase in premium. You may also have to prove value.

Much more convenient and cheaper than a specialised policy.

  cycoze 12:45 17 Jun 09

Thanks everyone, I have tried a quote from photogaurd as per The Kestrel's suggestion, also found a couple of other companies that insure photographic equipment, it does seem though I will have to probably insure it for Pro use rather than Amateur use, oddly enough in some cases it is cheaper and comes with public liability cover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…