Camcorder: GS120 or HC40?

gobi 12:42 20 Sep 04

Hi

Need help with choosing a camcorder. It is Panasonic GS120 (click here) vs Sony HC40 (click here). Read all the reviews on the net with all the technical jargon.
This is all I got so far. That Panasonic has better video quality than the Sony under normal light. But the quality suffers in low light and when zooming in. Particularly because Panasonic's Image Stabilizer is worst than Sony's.
Still need honest user level opinion to decide. Is Panasonic's stabilizer is that bad to put you off?

MichelleC 13:49 20 Sep 04

My 1st instinct was to advise for the Sony because mine is older model and I've never had any probs. But on closer look I think the Sony films in mpeg format which is good for burning but not for vcr tapes. If you're never going to ptt (print to tape) then Sony's probably better. If not I'd go for the Panasonic as it films in dv for avi format (uncompressed and much better quality for ptt, plus mpeg tends to be slower when editing).

gobi 14:05 20 Sep 04

That's a new insight. I never have compared it from this perspective. I think I will never print to tape. I will most likely edit and burn it into cd.
Thanks MichelleC

gobi 19:14 20 Sep 04

Anybody else care to share their thought?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…