Camcorder Batteries

GroupFC 13:58 26 Apr 04

I have a Canon MV530i Camcorder. I want to get an second battery pack to have as a standby, because yesterday when filming my son at a rugby festival, the battery ran out just before he went over to score a great try! As you can imagine, I am not the most popular person in our household!

I have had a look at a number of websites but I am a little confused as there seems to be a wide variation in prices!

I have two questions, what does the mAh rating indicate and does anybody have any recommended suppliers (obviously based on price/reliabilty/service etc!).

As usual, thanks in advance!

TomJerry 14:59 26 Apr 04

I bought a battery from click here before, and it works ok. Another site to do original bettery click here and click here. Original battery is always expensive, you maybe find a cheaper equivelent, Jessops also ok. I think the 1st thing a camera (still or video) owner do is to get a spare battery.

£21.99 will buy you a 1850mAh battery (2 hours roughly) from click here.

Big mAh betteries are big and heavy, so do not get two big one, maybe get two small ones instead.

More battery sites for you click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

GroupFC 15:36 26 Apr 04

Thanks for that. I had already had a look at some of those sites but you have seemed to have found a few more! - I'll have a look at those when I get homr tonight!

GroupFC 23:35 29 May 04

Just realised I haven't ticked this one! - Sorry!

Stuartli 08:36 30 May 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…