CAMCORDER ADVICE

LondonJack 20:06 09 Nov 03

I'd like some advice on a camcorder. I'm prepared to spend upto maybe ?500-700 tops. What I'm looking for is a decent camcorder that is able to take good quality still photos (seeing as I need a new digital camera too I thought I could kill two birds with one stone).

The photo capabilities would need optical zoom and 1024x768 quality.

Please feel free to ask any more questions on anything that I may have missed out.

Thanks in advance.

Patr100 22:27 09 Nov 03

If you want dual function you will need a mega pixel DV cam which will have a still facility that will print OK at 6 by 4 inches. For prints any larger you really need a separate still camera as prices and features cannot really compete with Dual function camcorders which are a compromise of features.

cara 23:20 09 Nov 03

Visit this website - loads of advice, excellent forums etc.

click here.

Not to be missed!

LondonJack 12:35 11 Nov 03

Thanks guys - looks like I'm going to get both then. I'll get a cheap (up to £300) camcorder and a good digital camera as this is what I will use the most.

Thanks again for the advice.

Patr100 16:43 11 Nov 03

Yes, you can get a much better separate stills cam with the difference that you would have spent on a megapixel camcorder. It just means you have two bits of hardware to carry around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…