Call from PC Advisor ?

sunshine65 19:24 18 Jun 09

Lately we have been a lot of "withheld" calls, we usually don't answer them and hope that if it's important then we hope they will leave a message and we can return the call. Being fed up with this I answered one today, and it was a gentleman saying he was from PC Advisor, being suspicious of this I told him I did not wish to talk and put the phone down. Would it have been from PC Advisor ?. being a pair of oaps, and having been the victim of CC fraud we are now very wary. Has anyone else had a call ?
Thank you

dagnammit 19:40 18 Jun 09

Yes, we got a call yesterday. Grrr!

I know where to go if I want to subscribe!
(a link on the left, lol)

Kevscar1 20:11 18 Jun 09

Yes got one as well £1 for 3 issues. Get them every year.

interzone55 21:03 18 Jun 09

I got one yesterday as well, as I now get a copy at work I informed him of this and he very politely informed me I wouldn't be getting any more calls...

premier man 21:12 18 Jun 09

Yes, I had a call tonight saying as I had Cancelled my PCA (which I havent) offering me 3 for 1£

AlanHo 21:29 18 Jun 09

In the last 3 weeks I have received similar advertising calls from 3 computer magazines - including PC Advisor last evening.

They all offer a subscription trial of 3 issue for £1.00. From previous experience it works out expensive if you forget to cancel the direct debit before the end of the trial period you must sign up for though.

D@ve 00:32 19 Jun 09

I guess everyone, including PCA, is feeling the bite of the credit crunch, and trying their best to stay afloat!

Zaphod 3 09:37 19 Jun 09

I've not been offered 3 for £1

Kaacee 10:00 19 Jun 09

Strange no response in this forum from PCA personnel........

Sarah Willing 11:05 19 Jun 09

Hi All,

I would just like to confirm that we do use telemarketing to sell subscriptions for PC Advisor. We will only contact people who have given us their telephone numbers and have agreed to marketing communications from PC Advisor. If at any point you no longer wish to receive phone calls or any other communications from us you can contact pcadvisor@subscription.co.uk or call 01858 438 867 to let us know and we will update your details.

Regards

Sarah Willing
Subscriptions Manager

Boghound 12:24 19 Jun 09

You morons do deserve to get contacted by "telemarketing" firms if you are stupid enough to give your legit number!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced