Buying A Sound Card and Speakers

gcs_uk 23:22 05 May 03

Currently in the process of upgrading my computer, I have added a graphics card, CD/RW and in process of getting a 2nd hard drive.

However after listening to a friends computer I have realised that I have severly negelected the sound aspect.

So I want to buy a sound card and a set of speakers.

Does anyone know of any companies which are doing a deal on a sound card and speakers.

Ideally I only want to spend about £50 on the sound card and £50 on the speakers.

I know that I will not cutting edge state of the art technology for that price but I think it will be sufficient for my needs.

I bought a 64mb Nvidia graphics card off ebay for £40.00 and that does me fine for all my gaming needs.

So any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

TIA

rev.bem 23:34 05 May 03

speakers

click here.

soundcard

click here

Murray 00:18 06 May 03

have a look here if you want to see a range of cards

I am considering getting the hurcules one for £12.50 - obviously on a different budget to yourself, but ask yuorself what do you want it to do, or do you just want the best you can get for £50?

kane_2002k 00:24 06 May 03

would be your best bet for the sound card. Should be around £45, u may even beable to pick up sound blaster audigy 2 for about £65 - but an audigy should cover your audio needs pretty soundly

gcs_uk 08:19 06 May 03

thanks for all your help - very much appreciated.

rickf 19:57 08 May 03

Don't know where you are based but Morgan computers in London are selling videologic XR500 5.1 speakers for £35. My friend bought two sets last wk.as we could not believe our ears. They sound great both connecetd to pc and dvd player

Murray 12:45 09 May 03

just realised I forgot to paste the link

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…