SANAP 19:52 20 Jun 05

I want to buy a microsoft office 2003 professional but the price differences on ebay and other places has me stumped. Is there a catch with buying on ebay? The package is for a friend who has just bought a DELL pc and did not request the professional, its too late to send back item. He wants Access and powerpoint.

Jackcoms 21:34 20 Jun 05

Do you know anyone who is in Higher Education?

If so, get it here for £135.00 click here

jakimo 23:47 20 Jun 05

Be wary buying software from private sellers,if in doubt email a buyer who has left feedback,question the seller about the product, there is a lot of poor copies going the rounds,and the photos don't always relate to what you may receive

wee eddie 05:19 21 Jun 05

M$ Office Pro comes with Access, and M$ Office does not.

So he is without the choice unless he wishes to buy Access, as a Stand-alone product, which could turn out to be quite pricey

wee eddie 09:16 21 Jun 05

A student in the house would reduce the price considerably.

It might be worth contacting Dell with the details of the PC he has bought. Explaining the failure to order the software as part of the product and asking if they are able to provide Office Pro at an advantageous price.

TomG 19:49 21 Jun 05

If you have someone in the family who is in full time education then the student & Teacher edition is good value - also if you buy the package Microsoft are offering Access 2003 for £19 but I don't know when this offer ends

SANAP 23:58 22 Jun 05

thanks all for replies, that student bit is very useful.

HondaMan 13:37 23 Jun 05

Having read this thread, I was curious and purchased Office 2003 Pro and Windows XP Pro SP2 for £10.99!

Loaded onto a spare computer, and surprise, surprise, both worked perfectly.

If mainstream software houses sold at a reasonable cost, piracy would vanish. Look at Ability Offive 4 Pro, and Open Office for examples.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…