Buying a replacement laptop battery am I stuck wit

SANAP 14:48 10 Oct 09

Battery gone kaput in dell inspiron 6400 and a new is 110 on dell site but a lot cheaper elsewhere!!

Is it a case of you pay for what you get or are there genuine savings to be made?

sanap

PS its over 3 years old and was left in laptop all the time

The Kestrel 17:41 10 Oct 09

Compatible batteries can perform as well as originals providing you choose carefully. Buy one which guarantees compatibility with your laptop and also has a decent length warranty. Her's an example click here

namtas 20:10 10 Oct 09

For a Genuine Dell buy through Amazon
" Dell Inspiron 6400 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery (Genuine)by Dell "

£54.00

naineysman 21:26 10 Oct 09

I bought my son a simillar battery on ebay, obviously a chinese pattern but it works great and was guaranteed compatible, £35. Cant remember the seller

frankwood 09:51 13 Oct 09
  setecio 16:05 16 Oct 09

I bought one off ebay from a seller in the UK for £35 - a high power on at that and it has worked perfectly so far. I was careful to do the full charge and dischange twice at the start and I did notice manufacturing date on it was on a little sticker dated 2 years ago ... but at £35 I could buy 4 of them before I reach Dell's price. (Check the ebay feedback is good and number of sales is high, mine was about 95% ... good enough to try)

Tech_Guy 00:48 16 Nov 09

try a reputable online laptop battery supplier rather than auction sites. quality, warranty and uk based are important things to note. try click here

SANAP 13:28 16 Nov 09

thank you, that looks a good site and not a bad price so I will save it. I got one from amazon in the end and a friend is bringing it from UK.

SANAP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…