Buying a privacy software for Windows 7?

zoro stars 12:05 30 Jun 09

Hi people,

I'll buy Windows 7 when appears. How I have Mil Shield, a privacy software and it works on all Vista systems. I have also Webroot Washer, a privacy software too but it does not work on Vista systems.

So, in my opinion Mil Shield will work on Windows 7, it should to work. And still I want to have both software. Did somebody test Webroot Washer on Windows 7 beta?

Terry Brown 13:57 30 Jun 09

Now you know why many people (and companies) are staying with XP.
Terry

gazzaho 15:24 30 Jun 09

If I'm not mistaken the professional version of Windows 7 will have an XP virtual machine mode to run XP specific software, I would imagine any program that doesn't work in the Win 7 environment will work in that mode. Of course, you'll have to pay extra for the privilege as the Home Premium version doesn't have the ability.

zoro stars 16:05 30 Jun 09

Thanks gazzaho and you Terry Brown. I do not know if I will want to pay extra for this privilege :( but I hope that these programs will do their job on Windows 7 without XP virtual machine.

interzone55 21:14 01 Jul 09

Windows 7 is not out until October - I'm sure many more companies will have products available by then, or soon after.

zoro stars 04:10 02 Jul 09

Thanks alan14, I hope so

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…