Buying from PC World ?

freaky 12:22 25 Jun 06

I have found an item I wish to purchase from PC World. The online price is much less than the store price, but the "Collect @ Store item" has a green tick.

Am I correct in assuming that if I print this out and take to the local store, I can buy it at the reduced price ?

SG Atlantis® 12:51 25 Jun 06

go through with the purchase online, but choose collect at store.

Enter your postcode for store locator, if it finds one handy to you and the store has it proceed.

Enter you name and phone number and you'll be given a code to take to the store.

spuds 13:50 25 Jun 06

The store that you have selected, and as the item in stock, will place the item for collection.You must have the printout, with your reference number, when you go to collect. The store may or may not telephone you, to say the item is ready for collection. Collection is usually within a 24 hour timespan, before the goods are returned for store resale.

Good savings, great idea and it seems to work, if you follow and comply with the instructions.

phoenix198 23:13 25 Jun 06

Wholeheartedly endorse spuds post - it really is a painless process and the savings definitely make it worthwhile.

Only minor glitch in my local (Watford) branch is that the collection point for Collect @ Store items seems to vary day by day!

freaky 10:45 26 Jun 06

Thanks for the replies. It turned out that the item I wanted (Logitech G5 Laser Mouse) was not available at any nearby stores.

Located one at E-Buyer at the same price, so will get it from them.

spuds 10:50 26 Jun 06

freaky-- As a point of curiosity, was the 'same price' inclusive of carriage charges.Or would it have been cheaper with Collect from Store, had the item been available?.

freaky 14:40 26 Jun 06

Good question, I was wondering about that as well!

As they were out of stock, I could not place an order - so do not know as no total price was shown at that stage.

E-Buyer are abot £5 cheaper than the online price from PCW, ironically their site is unable to accept orders as they are upgrading the system until 27th June! So still do not have the mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…