Buying PC with DVD +/- RW drive advice required

kal137 15:01 10 Apr 04

is it better to buy a PC with the above drive or one with a DVD +/-R drive. I know the differences but would like some expert advice, I would rather buy a PC which already has it as part of the system ready to use as opposed to buying a PC then installing a drive myself.

Stuartli 15:34 10 Apr 04

You should check out the PC system DVD drive's brand name and its speeds first - current top is 8x with higher on the horizon.

Then ask how much the system would be without this particular drive fitted.

Providing the price difference is reasonably higher than purchasing one yourself (despite your reservation), it would be more advantageous to buy the system without the rewriter and buy one separately; an OEM version could well be substantially lower in price from, say, click here or click here
and would be right up to date.

HXP 01:32 12 Apr 04

I ordered my new machine with a DVD + -drive already fitted mainly because it was a quality drive Sony and also with a new machine it usually is cheaper to have it all included in the new machine price. It also means you get full support should you run into problems. I have fitted HDD drives and CDR drives with no problems in the past to older machines but it was easier to get my new one built with the DVD drive fitted. It also came with a nice software pack for creating DVD's & Home video editing. If you are buying a new machine just check make of drive & speeds & what software is included.

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…