Buying a new TFT Monitor

Al24 22:05 11 Jul 06

I'm thinking of replacing my 15" NEC LCD1550V with a new 19" TFT monitor, but what should I buy and where from??? It's only used for general computing, not much gaming............. Can anyone give me some advice please??

beynac 22:12 11 Jul 06

I've just bought a BenQ FP91G+ from Dabs (£149.22 inc VAT). See click here

I'm very pleased with it. The display is very clear and bright. If you go for it, and want to use the DVI connection, you will need to buy the cable separately as it's not included.

Stuartli 22:38 11 Jul 06

Dozens to choose from here:

click here

This model includes the DVI cable (which normally costs around £20) and my son, who bought one a few months ago, is very pleased with it:

click here

GaT7 00:47 12 Jul 06

The AG Neovo F-419 from Microdirect - Stuartli's 2nd link - lists the old model specs. They may be well selling the new model & haven't updated the specs, but if in doubt the new model is available from click here for the same price.

Ebuyer have it too (for less) but sold out at the moment click here. Scroll down to view user reviews.

A few recent PCA threads about purchasing TFT monitors: click here, click here & click here. All the best with final choice & purchase. G

GaT7 01:04 12 Jul 06

I'm unsure what is happening....

The Neovo website display the older model specs as well click here.

Also, the response time differs from 4ms to 10-15ms (see link below too).

If you do go in for this monitor, Infotechshop click here may be the cheapest at approx £155 (incl VAT & del), but it may be for business customers only(??) - confirm this before purchasing. G

GaT7 01:16 12 Jul 06

I think the initial Neovo link is for the old model. Found another there, which most probably is for the newer one click here. Anyway, these specs match those from click here.

A Guide to Choosing the Right 19" LCD Monitor click here may be useful - the specs to consider are on the 2nd & 3rd pages. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac