Buying a new motherboard

Tree3 10:42 13 Sep 03

does anyone know a good place to buy a motherboard it would be good if it came with processor and ram as well.

daz999 10:50 13 Sep 03

Check out computer shopper magazine matey. I think the magazine has done a review on mother boards this month.

Tree3 13:49 13 Sep 03

is there any online shops which i could have a look at i have looked at ebay already but they were mostly old ones but i found some there but i want to look for the best buy

Talented Monkey 14:52 13 Sep 03

well i am not sure about an individual motherboard, ive only just started looking into this myself, where does one start, so many different makes and types and this is not my expertise.
However i have found what seems to be a good deal for motherboard kits supporting both Intel Pentium and AMD Athlon , which includes processor heatsink fan and Ram.

there is also an option to spend and extra few pounds for Watford Electronics to built and test them for you, which seems like a good idea for complete novices like myself!

for further details click here

Rayuk 17:11 13 Sep 03

click here
Another choice for you.
Looking at the bundles I think you would be better buying them seperate as the motherboards arent the latest and best.

Newuser38 18:36 13 Sep 03

Look at click here

Giggle n' Bits 20:03 13 Sep 03

Elite K7SOM+ Pro1800 DDR +1.2GHz Duron + on board VGA +snd +LAN +CNR modem +USB2Micro ATX
at click here

This has a 1.2GHz AMD Duron built in.

Rusty Bullet Hole 13:40 15 Sep 03

Komplett click here do bundles that are quite cheap but if you need to know of a good motherboard I recommend the asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2. I've just got one and it got to be the best out there at the moment.

oo7juk 14:03 15 Sep 03

I would have to agree with rusty. I purchased a ASUS A7N8X a few weeks ago and this is a good board , plenty of expansion also comes with a nvidia chipset. This is a big board so make sure case is big enough.

Check out a company called Novatech. A friend bought a mobo/processor and ram bundle from them recently. Every thing arrived well packaged, on time and with good instructions. They do loads of bundles and the prices are usually very competitive.

Sorry I don't know how to paste a link into these mails, but is click here

bfc_tangerine 19:34 16 Sep 03

If you're in the North West there's a company called Knight that do the rounds of the computer fairs. For details of the fairs click here and knights website is click here They are competitive, very helpful and the after sales service is excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…