buying new low-end laptop

loser7 17:56 19 Nov 08

Hello all.
I am going to buy a new laptop as a gift but only have a budget of around £300. The laptop will be used for internet access most of the time so no need for advanced graphics or big hard drive. A net-book would be ideal but it needs to have a dvd re-writer so they are out of the question. I would appreciate any links or suggestions as to where i may find good value, low-end notebooks.
Thanks for any advise.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:08 19 Nov 08

click here 50 squid more but an excellent computer that will be more than enough for you. It is also extremely well built.

G

GaT7 18:13 19 Nov 08

I'd say get the netbook if it's ideal, & buy an external DVD-RW drive - e.g. for £40 click here. They also do 'slimline' drives for ~£10-20 more, but are generally slower than the standard-sized drives. G

loser7 18:49 19 Nov 08

Thank you both. Sounds like a good idea Crossbow7 but maybe go for the Toshiba in GANDALF <|:-)> link. It looks very good value to me.
Thanks again.

GaT7 19:06 19 Nov 08

A better Sony for less: £321 at click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…