Buying new laptop - advice needed please!

Widdy37 12:03 21 May 07

Hi - I have been looking at getting a new laptop for so long now and keep getting confused by conflicting advice!

My budget is around £500 and I guess I'm looking for a desktop replacement as I'm only going to be moving it around different rooms in the house (docking to my lcd tv/screen (dci input), printer, scanner etc. downstairs, but as a tv/dvd replacement in my bedroom). Wanted really just for internet, email, tv, dvd, photos, music, and ideally want around a 17" screen.

I was told to go for a minimum of a core duo processor, but now recently have been recommended the Acer Aspire 9301 with the Turion 64 MK-36, which I have heard is better (but not core duo?)?

Any solutions offered would be great!

Thanks,

Widdy37

wishtobwireless 07:03 22 May 07

My laptop was sold to me Toshiba Equium and I was told it would have around 3 hrs life. It only ever had 1 hr 15 mins at its best and now after 18months 10 minutes!

Widdy37 09:35 22 May 07

Thanks for info, but as I say, it's really a desktop replacement so will be plugged in most of the time, so not such an issue for me.

Now also debating spending a little more and going for the Toshiba P100...

wjrt 12:19 22 May 07

click here

could be the one. looks good

Widdy37 16:29 22 May 07

Thanks - this is exactly the one I JUST bought off ebuyer (with an extra £10 off buying through google accounts)! Definitely worth the extra £50 I think - looks great and has got good reviews. Will report back if not!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now