Buying New Computer ?

rawprawn 12:02 17 Jun 06

I am thinking of buying a new computer, at the moment I have a Dell Dimension 4300 with XP Pro (4½ years old). I have been thinking of getting one of the new Apple computers that will use both Apple and Microsoft OS. Has anyone any comments, also if I stick to Microsoft (which I know)am I too early to go for Vista and has anyone any recomendations?

Forum Editor 12:26 17 Jun 06

will be a pleaseure to use. You'll find the MacOS fairly easy, although it has its little quirks - non of which are a problem in any way.

Vista will not be available for a while yet, so get your new machine now and enjoy it.

rawprawn 12:37 17 Jun 06

Thanks FE, does the new Apple come ready to load MS Windows ? I rather fancy a dual OS, or would you recomend just Apple?

vinnyT 08:43 18 Jun 06

Bootcamp will (supposedly) be pre-installed in the nextgen os upgrade, 'Leopard', due out sometime this year.

But you can download it for free if you have osx 10+ (if you buy a model now you will have no probs.)

Hope this helps.

rawprawn 13:21 18 Jun 06

Thanks vinnyT

vinnyT 14:43 18 Jun 06

Welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…