Buying Mesh Titan

donki 00:07 10 Mar 06

Folks,

First post, I have read all the reviews on Mesh and havd decided to take the plunge, the system specs are below. Got it for £999.00 after some friendly banter with sales assistant. Is it a good system to coke with todays games. Im not a "harcore gamer" but luv football mangae and hope to get elder scrolls and other RPG god games. Also downloaden and dvd writen. Have i got good deal and a good sysem? I got the upgraded motherborad to add another how do i go about getteing a match for the one i have? thanks for any advise?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+ with HT Tech.
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower +550W PSU- Silver
ASUS A8N-SLI PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX
6x USB Ports, GB LAN, Dual Channel Memory, 8 Channel Audio, 4x SATA ,2x UDMA, RAID 0,RAID1,RAID 0+1
1024MB DDR400 Memory - PC3200 (2x512)
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW
512MB DDR2 nVIDIA GeForce 7300GS - TV out- DVI - PCI X (256Mb SMA)
19" Viewsonic VA1912W Digital & Multi Media Widescreen TFT Display
7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio (on-board)
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Cordless Optical Mouse
Free Microsoft Works 8.5 + 60 Days Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite - 7 titles (oem)
Internal 15-in-1 Memory Card Reader
Classic Warranty - 3 Years Back-to-Base - Parts & Labour

rmcqua 13:22 10 Mar 06

Hi donki,
Well, you ceratinly have a nicely spec'd machine and it should cope well with today's games and the kind of computing you say you want to do.
I'm not sure what you mean by "...add another one..." Add another what ?
Having said that, if I had had £1000 to spend on a new PC, I would not go for this one, but that doesn't mean you do not have a nice PC. Let's hope it proves to be reliable.

lee_robinson1983 13:31 10 Mar 06

which would you go for rmcqua?

rmcqua 14:11 10 Mar 06

I would almost certainly build it myself but, if you forced me to buy one, I would probably go for one of these: click here
Slightly better spec. in some respects, slightly lower in others, but from a supplier I know I can trust to put things right if they go wrong.

the old man 22:04 10 Mar 06

Your choice does not include a monitor, has a 500gig hdd, which is slightly over the top by anyones standards, and costs £34 more. Just noticed it has no operating system.
please correct me if i am wrong. I have the knife and fork ready for the humble pie.

rmcqua 22:53 10 Mar 06

My choice was about Stg.180 below donki's budget, to allow for a decent monitor. You're quite right about the OS.
500Gb over the top by anyone's standards? Not really, there are lots of people who use HDDs of this size, or 2x200Gb or similar these days. Remember when, 4 or 5 years ago, we used to think 40Gb was a massive HDD?
My most important point was the one in my last sentence re. support.

007al 23:41 10 Mar 06

I would try and change the graphics card.Thats a nice system,let down by the budget graphics card.
Dont be fooled by the fact its a 7 series,the 7300 is less capable than the 6600GT.You would be wasting your money buying one to match.It has 512MB DDR2 RAM which is slower than memory used in a 6600GT,and only half the pixel pipelines of the 6600GT.I would ask if there is an option to change the graphics for the same money.A 6800XT is less than £100,the 7300GS 256MB is about £50,but i dont know what the 512MB version is.
The Mesh site has the 7600GT as the next upgrade for SLI,at £130 extra.They are around £160 to buy,and the 7300 is worth more than £30,so i would try and barter a bit.

phoenix198 12:26 11 Mar 06

Have to agree with 007al, the 7300GS is a little 'weedy' given the rest of the specification. There also don't appear to be any speakers in your specification above.

Try experimenting with the Mesh configurator or try click here and change graphics card to 512MB Radeon X1600 Pro, add Creative Labs Inspire T7900 7.1 Surround with Subwoofer for a price of £1045.88 plus deliver which you might be able to haggle down by phone!

donki 14:22 11 Mar 06

Thanks guys, I upgraded the motherboard so i could put two Graphics cards in, in the future. Ill ring mesh and see if they would upgrade the exsisting card for a small fee if anything. I dont need a speaker system as im hoing to put through my own sony surround system. But the mean guts of the system should trot along nicely, im really out of date with new processer and stuff?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…