Buying a Laptop - What to look for?

retro_hood 22:42 28 Jan 07

Right ladies and gentlemen, im off to University later this year so i've decided to buy a laptop to take with me to word process/internet/dvd's/music etc.. you get the picture (student life!)

This is only one of the reasons i need a laptop. I also want a new laptop so i can connect it to bt home Hub/or a standard wireless router. I then need to connect it to my xbox 360 and HDtTV. Im pretty sure i connect to my xbox 360 via router. SO i am guessing i need a tv tuner, what else do i need?

I'm looking to buy a cheap one at some high street stores.

click here
click here
click here
etc...

Thanks in advance.!

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:43 28 Jan 07

They are all good just make sure that you buy one with a 15.4" screen, so your DVDs will look good whilst you are wagging off lectures ;-))

G

retro_hood 22:44 28 Jan 07

But to be able to roam the net wirelessly, will i not need some sort of network card or will that come with the router?

wjrt 23:05 28 Jan 07

most laptops nowadays are wireless enabled and to connect all you need is the security code for the connection

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:10 28 Jan 07

click here I would go for this one and it is wireless enabled and has a 15.4" screen.

G

Totally-braindead 23:32 28 Jan 07

I don't know all that much about laptops but 2 of my friends have Toshibas and both have lasted for years and given them sterling service with no problems whatsoever. Have a look here and see if anything takes your fancy, do read the descriptions properly as they sell reconditioned stuff as well click here

wjrt 23:47 28 Jan 07

this model has a spillproof keyboard - shock protected hdd - and strengthened casing. seems ideal for student use
click here

The Brigadier 08:53 29 Jan 07

Toshiba.
Buy direct from Toshiba or from a re-seller.

wjrt 21:25 29 Jan 07

and look at the warranty
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac