Buying flowers from websites

ch0pper 21:49 10 Apr 04

I know this isn't a tech type subject.

However, I buy quite a few flowers over the course of a year and I've been using web based companies to order from for several years now.

I've found that Tesco, John Lewis and Marks&Spencer always deliver superb quality flowers, in very sturdy boxes that ALWAYS arrive on time.

IF you need to send flowers for a brithday, Christmas, Easter, etc etc etc, the you could do far worse than using these companies

stalion 21:52 10 Apr 04

A rose by any other name etc

ayrmail 00:50 11 Apr 04

Try Flying Flowers

ch0pper 01:36 11 Apr 04

I've used Flying Flowers, but they are not of the same high quality as those from the vendors I mentioned above.

Stuartli 08:44 11 Apr 04

I would imagine that the websites concerned will contact a florist in your area with whom they have agreements and this is where the flowers will come from.

Bit like Interflora.

ch0pper 11:02 11 Apr 04

Actually, I don't think that M&S or Tesco do use local florists.

The boxes they send the flowers in, and the standard arrangements suggest that they use one supplier centally located and that the flowers are then distributed using couriers.

Stuartli 12:48 11 Apr 04

I stand to be corrected...:-)

Stuartli 12:56 11 Apr 04

If you have a regular requirement for high quality flowers, supplied to the store on a daily basis and sold at a reasonable price, then have a look in Aldi.

That's the case at least in our local Aldi where you can fill your car boot with £10 worth of a huge choice flowers etc.

But you'll have to be reasonably early as they are sold out pretty rapidly despite large stocks.

Andybear 18:50 11 Apr 04

I use Teleflorist whenever I send flowers. They operate on the same basis as Interflora, by contacting a florist in the area the flowers are to be delivered to, but are cheaper. The people I have sent them to (usually mum) always say how lovely they are, great quality, last for ages, etc.

You can find them at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…