Buying desktops without operating systems loaded

octal 07:32 08 Jul 06

Because I've got my own operating system, I want a computer without Windows XP preloaded. Does anyone know suppliers who can provide that please?

Taff™ 08:02 08 Jul 06

click here for example. Novatech give you the option and although I`ve never used them they have had some good reviews from other forum members.

Taff™ 08:04 08 Jul 06

click here for some opinions on a previous thread - you might recognise a few names!

jack 08:27 08 Jul 06

Novatech are an OK firm by my book.
And buying a component set I think is about the only way you will find a 'Bare' system.

spuds 09:23 08 Jul 06

Novatech are a very good company to deal with, I have purchased many items without any worries. You could buy a 'tested' bare bones unit, this will even give you more savings.

octal 11:13 08 Jul 06

Thanks for the advice guy's, Novatech it is then, I've added your link to my bookmarks Taff™.

£49 saving on something I'm going to wipe off anyway if it had been preloaded, great!

dth 21:50 08 Jul 06

It is called the 'Windows Tax' in some quarters

octal 22:18 08 Jul 06

I can imagine what quarters say that, but I'm not that unkind, there's an awful lot of people who like Windows, good for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…