Buying from Dabs

I have purchased a number of items from Dabs and have being very happy with their service.

I am now looking to buy a CTX LCD monitor from them but note that the model I want is not in stock. Their web site says that they are expecting delivery withinin 1-3 days.

I seem to recall a thread where people were experiencing problems with Dabs whereby their accounts were being debited but delivery times were long, even though delivery to Dabs was quoted as a matter of days.

I would appreciated any feedback on this before placing my order.

Many thanks.

Murray 23:57 08 Jul 03

I've never had them take my money until they physically send out the items, but frequently they have moved an item from supposedly 'in stock' to '1-3 days' even with 100+ in stock and keep like that for a week or so. - just keep an eye on your order and be prepared to cancel an order and get something sin stock instead.

if you do experience anything out of the ordinary with DABS, just email them and keep emailing them till you get a reply - they will eventually reply and sort you out.

-pops- 07:33 09 Jul 03

I never buy anything online that is not in stock. Even if an item is said to be in stock, I check the email confirmation very carefully. If says it isn't or does not give a delivery date, I cancel.

This is because a long time ago on two occasions I have tried to order, one was on a 1 - 3 days delivery which extended to a "waiting for stock" and no delivery date on ordering. Another was a 430, or so, in stock on the website changing magically to awaiting stock, expected in 10 weeks. In this latter instance the high stock level continued to be shown on their website for ages after this and a reminder from me.

Brian

saburini 10:42 09 Jul 03

I myself do not like ordering items "not in stock"
even from Amazon who do have some a good track record and real bargains.
I purchased a Brand new Mitac TFT monitor from an Ebay Seller using Buy Now for £135 and I am amazed at what a bargain it is.Previously I looked in PC World and was tempted to buy an unused Display model at nearly 40% off,but had second thoughts when all accessories were not being supplied.
My suggestion is to look locally first then Internet shop,but please remember"Buyer Beware" .

IanNiblock 13:17 09 Jul 03

I ordered a laptop last thursday that said it was expected to be in stock within 1-3 days. Surely enough the payment was taken on Monday morning and the laptop arrived at my door on Tuesday.

Grantrh 13:59 09 Jul 03

I have shopped with Dabs for years and I think its a good service although the handling charge is a rip off.
All in all I am happy with their service.

-pops- 14:07 09 Jul 03

Don't get me wrong. I am happy with dabs service provided I only order things that are stated to be in stock and confirmed in stock by the email acknowldgement. The same applies to all companies I order from over the net.

Brian

chrishillcoat 17:41 09 Jul 03

I bought a 'Dabs Value' optical mouse a month ago - total cost £7.76. Bargain!

AdeJ 19:17 09 Jul 03

You'll find one of those whinging posts from me - I fell foul of an every-increasing expected date that went on for months, but they didn't debit my card and that's not their usual practise.

However, when they're well stocked they're fine - wait your 1-3 days, order it, if they suddenly go out of stock then cancel and order elsewhere - you have nothing to lose..

rickf 21:44 09 Jul 03

Dabs is not as bad as say Scan which has a standadrd charge of £7 for delivery. At least that was what I paid when I oredered a writing tablet from them. Won't do it again.

-pops- 10:41 10 Jul 03

Beware of one company that says it has no stock in the main warehouse but large stocks in a satellite warehouse. I think the satellite is orbiting the Earth from the time it takes to deliver from there.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…