Buying books on-line

The Brigadier 21:24 24 Jul 07

I'm new to buying books on line, but which is the best company to buy from?

Joe R 21:26 24 Jul 07

Amazon, cheap usually quick delivery, and it's easy to find almost any type of book with them.

Have used them for years for books, without a single problem.

TopCat® 21:34 24 Jul 07

I agree with Joe R. Had no problems with Amazon over the years and sometimes they link to 'agents' that are also selling the same item or book but possibly cheaper. TC.

Stuartli 22:24 24 Jul 07

Amazon is first class; so too is StreetsOnline (operated by Woolworths pcl), but website undergoing routine maintenance just for the moment:

click here

acxxxx 22:28 24 Jul 07

Always used Amazon with no problems.

GaT7 22:51 24 Jul 07

Useful link click here to get free delivery if your order for Amazon book(s)/other item(s) falls below the £15 mark (will not work for items bought from the 3rd-party sellers & certain items that aren't eligible). G

Boris {B<) 23:47 24 Jul 07

Good inclusive book price Search Engine here :-

click here

Forum Editor 23:51 24 Jul 07

They are the world's best online retailers in my book (pun entirely intentional), and leave everyone else standing. I've only once looked for something they didn't have in stock, and even that was available via their site as a secondhand item.

spuds 11:27 25 Jul 07

Just a word of warning, in case you look at 'discount book clubs', they can have hidden pitfalls. Read the terms and conditions very carefully,especially about editor's choices and returns procedures, exclusive offers and 'lock in' time contracts.

As others ave suggested, Amazon are rock solid, not always the cheapest unless you check the 'new and used' sections. The same thing applies to cd's and dvd's.

al7478 15:13 25 Jul 07

It's a waste of time me saying it now, but i must second those who are endorsing amazon!

The Brigadier 17:54 25 Jul 07

Thanks everyone, amazon here i come.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5