Buying from Aries.

Sweeny Todd 01:51 28 Nov 05

I am considering purchasing an Aries desktop PC, Performa 5562 Pro. as reviewed sometime ago in PC Advisor. Would welcome comments, good or bad, regarding this company, the Performa 5562 Pro. along with observations about the Full 6 year Warranty offered. Many Thanks. GeoffS.

Stuartli 15:09 28 Nov 05

I once requested this company by e-mail to provide some details of an offer it was advertising as basic information was sketchy.

I'm still waiting.

It will never receive any custom from me as a result.

Wuggy 16:34 28 Nov 05

Aries is a brand name of Watford Electronics trading as Savastore. Recently there have been a series of threads in this forum all very critical of the service received (or not received) from them. They seem to wish to communicate only by email but apparently never (or seldom) reply. I have had experience of them earlier in the year when I emailed them a number of times about specification and apparent price errors in an Aries PC I was considering purchasing. I'm still awaiting a reply and eventually bought a Dell. The general concensus is if they can't be bothered to contact you when you are seeking to buy from them then you will have little or no chance of contact if anything goes wrong. See following threads for further info.
click here
click here
click here
click here

Make your own mind up but read these threads first. Good Luck.

Totally-braindead 13:01 29 Nov 05

Savastore was in my opinion one of the better companies, I've no idea whats gone wrong but I think I would personally be tempted to go elsewhere. Theres been a couple of people who've ordered PCs and ended up waiting for a long time. Hows about one of these click here remember to add on for Windows XP and a monitor etc but it should be about the same price or Look at the new PCA superbudget charts theres some good PCs there.

Niklowe 20:15 29 Nov 05

This product is now sold by Watford Electronics which has an abyssmal record of customer service. If it goes wrong exspect to wait months and countless emails and phone calls to have the product repaired/replaced.

Psiman 20:37 29 Nov 05

Sweeny Todd
I have purchased once from this Company. I can think of numerous companies that provide a much better product and service.
In my opinion go elsewhere.

Sweeny Todd 01:24 30 Nov 05

Hi All, Many thanks to those of you who responded so quickly regarding my entry in the Consumerwatch forum. I need hardly tell you where my money will NOT be going. Thanks again, and best wishes for Christmas. GeoffS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…