To buy or not to buy-warranty

Bannman 23:28 13 Jan 06

Bought my daughter Dell laptop for starting 4year university course,with the 3year in Australia/New Zealand. Now after the original ninty days cover ,Dell offer 3years cover for under £100. Grateful for opinions on this offer.

wee eddie 00:17 14 Jan 06

and back it up with insurance.

However you will have to make sure that if you need to return it to Base. that it is adequately packed. (Like the original box)

961 08:55 14 Jan 06

Check carefully regarding cost of shipping. Some will not cover "out of area" Is this worldwide cover

spuds 11:44 14 Jan 06

Definitely check with Dell, and get it in writing, regarding cover in Australasia region. Dell do have worldwide agencies, and the warranty could be acceptable in all regions, but I would certainly check, for peace of mind.Also remember, if the laptop leaves the UK, then the UK consumer laws may not be of any use.

jakimo 21:00 14 Jan 06

The uni may be able to offer cover for personnel possessions

Bannman 21:08 17 Jan 06

I thank the forum members for thier helpful comments,they made me focus on the questions I needed to address. Dell responded very good in phone contact. I now await a hard copy of the warranty so that I can see the fine print.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…