Business laptop?

imconfused 03:32 AM 20 Dec 12

Hi I need a laptop for my business. I will be loading about four different softwares onto it so it needs a lot of RAM as I have to use these one after the other so don't want to keep shutting one down to use another.

At the moment I am using a Dell xps M1530 which is about 4 years old and only has 2gb RAM. I think I need more like 6 or 8gb.

But I don't want it to be too heavy because my wrist is damaged from carrying a heavy laptop at work last year. And it has to be a good model that is well made and will last me.

I have a budget of around £600/700 but could stretch to a bit more for the right kit. And Samsung would not be my first choice because their fridge freezer only lived 3 years (instead of the expected six).

Could anyone suggest which laptops I should be considering? Fairly urgent now as the Dell is on it's knees!

many thanks

HondaMan 08:11 AM 20 Dec 12

Try here: Novatech

imconfused 10:56 AM 20 Dec 12

Wow, thanks. This looks really good for the price. Will tweak for Windows 8 I think though, as Windows 7 I don't like.

How come I've never heard of this brand before? Why are we not promoting UK built products like this??? I will look up old PC Advisor reviews to see if they've reviewed the brand before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11