Bundle Review

Chris-347369 20:02 30 Jul 07

My PC just got fried in a freak BIOS flashing accident.

So it's time to look for something else now that I have a very expensive door stop.

Does this look any good to those of you in the know? click here

I've already got a couple of HDDs which I can fit and I know i'll have to fit a CD/DVD drive and graphics card. Do you have an opinion of MSI mobos?

Thanks!

The Brigadier 20:30 30 Jul 07

Looks OK.
Novatech offer great service & support.

Chris-347369 20:33 30 Jul 07

I've had good service before from them :-)

Just wanna make sure i'm buying the right hardware

Probabilitydrive 20:41 30 Jul 07

Any chance of recovering your system by replacing the mobo? Flashing the BIOS may have fried the chip in which the BIOS is stored. Wouldn't know how to replace the chip, but a new mobo might save your rig?

Totally-braindead 20:58 30 Jul 07

I like Novatech and have bought a few Novatech PCs but do have one concern about the system. The power supply is too low depending on the graphics card you put in and would need replaced.
Of course if you're using a very basic power supply it would be fine but for me it would be a concern.

Chris-347369 21:02 30 Jul 07

The graphics card I have is is Sapphire ATI 2400 XT which I hope wouldn't be too much for it to handle..... I hope

I currently have a Dell system which is why I think this is an excuse to go for a somewhat custom built system. At least one with generic parts and not specific ones like Dell

Totally-braindead 21:07 30 Jul 07

If its the same as the one I read the review of, it doesn't use a seperate power connector and gets all of its power from the PCIE slot and if so it should be fine.

Chris-347369 21:09 30 Jul 07

You're correct. There is no external power connector.

Totally-braindead 21:18 30 Jul 07

Then I'm 99.9% sure it will be fine.

Strawballs 23:40 30 Jul 07
  keef66 14:17 01 Aug 07

my pc is based on an MSI mobo and it's been running faultlessly for 6 years. I get the impression they have a decent reputation and their products tend to be a bit dearer but worth paying for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…