bulldogbroad band 4 meg adsl. is it worth a switch

david.h 15:28 06 Nov 04

keep getting leaflets through the door to convert to bulldog broad band with 4meg adsl and phone line rental all for £40 per month.

I am thinking of swaping my bt phone line and 512 adsl pipex adsl.

Is there any present forum memebers made the switch or have this service can report on good and bad experiences with bulldog as the leaflets look good.

david.h 16:01 06 Nov 04

I found a few reviews on the net re problems during sept, anyone know if things have improved with bulldog.

I found a few reviews on the net re problems during sept, anyone know if things have improved with bulldog.

david.h 16:00 08 Nov 04

any buldog ISP user out there can confirm if the service is running ok. as i considering the move to them but saw the bad reviews for sept as shown above [not sure why thread came out in triplicate]

howard60 22:42 08 Nov 04

I am with bulldog 512k and it is working fine at the moment and I did not have any problems Aug/Sept or Oct.

david.h 15:57 09 Nov 04

howard60
thank you for the reply, I rang their number but the foriegn sounding person on the other end gave the impression he new little of the service or how it worked, just in case it was another call centre in india i was looking for a responce from a user like yourself. I did not want to be put off by previous reports on the internet incase they were now history and a good service is now in place.

howard60 19:54 09 Nov 04

I have had only 1 problem which was in the first week of the connection - 1 phone call to their techs - said thought it was a bt line problem and would call me back - less than 3 hours later they called me back and said bt had corrected the problem. It has been fine since then. Only thing is that they still charge for the line activation unlike some others. I find this annoying as the previous owner of my place had an adsl connection so they had paid but I still had to.

ajm 00:48 10 Nov 04

Have been a bulldog 2MB customer for over a year now. Apart from one outage, i have had no problems. Someone mentioned that there is a freephone number taht you can call for support 0800.4048151.

david.h 05:15 10 Nov 04

thank you for the replies, the free phone is the one i rang to speak with sales. a free phone is a good idea you dont mind any long waits when its free.

*mark 13:56 11 Nov 04

Thanks for the info about this service... I phoned the free phone number and was told its currently only available in central London, it will be rolled out to the rest of the country late 2005.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…