Bulldog Broadband Technical Support - Superb

ajm 20:14 19 Dec 05

In over 2 years since I have been with Bulldog, today was the 1st time I had to call their technical support helpline.
Had too much time on my hands and having nothing better to do, I decided to upgrade my firmware on my Netgear DG834G router as the new firmware was better, as many people suggested in the Netgear Forums. Downlaod the firmware and then upgraded the router firware. Found that the router was not connecting to the Bulldog server. Luckily had a alcatel USB Modem. Installed the drivers and the ADSL light on the modem was green confirming that the line was OK. However could not connect as was getting an error. Though that it wwas unlucky that the connenction dropped when i decided to upgrade the firmware. Called Bulldog technical support 0800 number and was connected to a nice speaking lady within seconds. After explaining the situation, she took me to certain steps to try to get an connection. No luck and told me to hold while she put me through 2nd line support. 2 minutes of holding and another chap came and we went again through certain steps. No luck. He then asked me to give me my contact number and another engineer would call me within the hour. while waiting for the call, i decided to go on my dial-up and see if i could download the previous version of the firmware. Took about 16minuutes and then applied a lower version of the firmware and PRESTO, the router connected through. The latest firmware must have been bad and also the USB modem somehow may not be compatible with the 2MB line i had.
A few minutes later, had a call from an Bulldog engineer who was about to take me through steps to resolve the problem. Mentioned to him what I had done and problem solved and thanked him for his time.
Well done Bulldog!!!

spuds 23:14 19 Dec 05

Bulldog seems to be offering some good packages lately.Going on the above remarks,seems a very worthwhile company, and worthy of consideration for an ISP move.

Stuartli 23:49 19 Dec 05

Seems like the kicking it got from Watchdog has also played a part?

Forum Editor 23:58 19 Dec 05

It's always good to get some first-hand feedback, it helps to balance what one reads/hears in the media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…