building a pc need help

coubury 02:34 24 Jun 06

so iv decided to try and build a pc after looking at some tutorials im going to give it a shot although i need to no weather these components will be suitable toagther as i dont want buying parts thats dont run togather lol

apart from the obviuos

like case,sound card,mouse,keyboard. dvd writer

iv choosen..

motherboard-Biostar P4M80-M4 Socket 478 mATX MB w/Celeron D 2.26GHz CPU

Ram-
512MB DDR RAM PC2700 184-Pin DIMM

hard drive-
Seagate 160GB UDMA/100 7200RPM 2MB IDE Hard Drive

processer-
Intel Celeron 2.4GHz 400MHz 128KB Socket 478 CPU

video card-XGI Volari V3 128MB AGP Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI

if anyone could would like to give me tips are anything feel free

cheers coubs :)

€dstowe 06:29 24 Jun 06

The way I read your list, the M/B comes with a processor so, in that case you don't need the one listed further down.

Sapins 09:48 24 Jun 06

Definitely get more Ram. A second hard drive would be useful to keep backups on.

Good luck with the build, completed my first one recently, very satisfying, I give it a loving look as it boots up (sad!).

Sapins 09:56 24 Jun 06

click here click here click here click here click here Don't forget to get an Earth strap, a couple of pounds at computer shops.

Sapins 09:59 24 Jun 06

Second click here duplicated:-(

Totally-braindead 12:44 24 Jun 06

The graphics card I've never heard of and its AGP which is not as common as PCI Express nowadays and due to this I'm not keen on the motherboard, better to get one with PCI Express for the graphics and get a card for that, the processor depending on what you are planning to use the computer for is too slow, for all the difference you'd be better trying to get a 3 ghz CPU or better and the memory is ok as if money is tight at the moment you can always add another 512mb further down the line.
I just feel personally that if you're buying new components you should try to get some of the newer items that are more common such as PCI Express, SATA perhaps and processor prices being what they are for another £10 or £20 you can get a faster processor so saving a few quid here doesn't make that much sense to me.
Have you considered a barebones from Novatech click here

Diodorus Siculus 12:51 24 Jun 06

I'd second the suggestion from Totally-braindead to look at Novatech's barebones bundles. The hard work is all done when you get it.

coubury 16:48 24 Jun 06

thanks guys for the help. looks like ill need to do a bit more research before i buy anything...

coubury 17:18 24 Jun 06

can use please check if these iteams i have choosen are fine selected from that site braindead provoded

click here

its a print screen caption from the site

Totally-braindead 20:01 24 Jun 06

I'm afraid I can't see anything from that link you provided. You'd be better typing it in I think.

coubury 22:37 24 Jun 06

click on the picture and it will inlarge the image

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…