Building Media Center PC

i've no idea 20:16 06 Jul 06

I want to build my own media center PC but would like help with the components.

Any suggestions for -

Case (I want it to sit under my 42" Plasma so needs to be narrow enough but need a full atx) best I've seen so far is the Antec Overture so something like that.

Graphics Card - TV has HDMI connections so need graphics card that can provide correct resolutions and preferabbly have the HDMI connectivity as opposed to DVI.

TV Card(s) - I want dual digital capability as I want to record one channel while watching another. Does this need 2 cards or are their dual carda around. Also is there any way of inputting sky? (or is this via tv card?)

Motherboard - What would be suitable. Would prfer AMD. I will be going for XP MCE so do I need IR on the motherboard for remote or is this handled seperately. Also I've heard that you can get decent on-board sound.

Not going to be using much for Games but will be using for all other media (tv, video, dvd, photos, music collection), internet, some office work and email? Needs to have wireless capability to fit in with current home network.

Any suggestions greatly received!

dontmeshwithme 09:19 07 Jul 06

Don't know if it's helpful but you can buy HDMI to DVI cables from click here this might give you more choice on the graphics card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5