Budget Laptop Needed

Coolcatfish 13:41 20 Oct 03

Can anybody give me advice on how much I should expect to pay for a low spec (minimum XP requirments) laptop. I want it for one thing and one thing only: to aid me when I go sky watching. I'd hook it up to my telescope so that I could get a bigger picture of what my telescope is looking at.

As i said I only wanted it to run XP and some basic programs. I'd also like to store some (not loads) of pictures on it.

Can anybody tell me anything about this? Thank you.

graham√ 14:11 20 Oct 03

You've been looking at this, then?

click here

I was considering setting one up myself! I should have a browse round the likes of Ebuyer, PCWorld, Comet. The bigger the hard drive, the more pictures you can store.

Sir Radfordin 14:16 20 Oct 03

You need to make sure that the laptop will have the right connections for connecting the Telescope up to.

I would suggest you are looking at spending somehwere in the region of £800 - £1000 for a basic model new.

Coolcatfish 14:49 20 Oct 03

I'm not positive how i'm going to hook up the telescope, but i know you can get cables to hook it up to a TV. I was thinking about a webcam. I don't want a super picture, just something that does the job.

Dell does a budget laptop which looks pretty good spec wise for about £650, and theres a Toshiba going for just under £600.

Gaz 25 12:48 21 Oct 03
  pj123 14:13 21 Oct 03

Go to click here and click on the Second User link. You could also phone them as they have many more laptops that are not listed on the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…