Budget Dell PC - good deal?

EasyE 20:50 15 Mar 04

I've just been on the Dell website and can get the following Dimension 2400 for 381 quid delivered:

P4 Processor 2.80GHz, 256MB DDR RAM, 40GB (7200rpm)HD, 17" 15.9" VIS CRT Monitor, 48x CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive, stereo speakers,56k modem, with 6 USB Ports and 3 PCI Slots
Integrated AC'97 Audio
Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics

It seems to be a pretty decent deal.
Any views or opinions?

byfordr 21:00 15 Mar 04

Not too bad! If you are going to add extra memory with dell its expensive so if you want extra memory try buying when dell have a double memory offer.

R

georgemac 22:00 15 Mar 04

buy it

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:21 15 Mar 04

buy it

G

wags 22:52 15 Mar 04

As long as you're not into gaming...it would appear very good value..

EasyE 10:38 16 Mar 04

No wags, no gaming for me. I use my Gamecube for that! The PC will mostly be used for transfering vinyl onto PC/CD, compilating tunes to burn to disk and just standard usage really. Nothing fancy.

Aspman 10:57 16 Mar 04

Make sure if it includes delivery or not, and you might want to check the warranty. It's probably 1yr rtb. Not necessarily a bad thing Dells are in general well built.

Looks like a good deal but I would put in another 256Mb of Ram. I would buy that from Crucial not Dell.

Kong 11:29 16 Mar 04

EasyE, can't see that specified PC on Dell's website for £381.

EasyE 12:41 16 Mar 04

Kong, you have to do a bit of customising. It is one of their recommended systems. What I did was a search on Google with "Cheap Dell" then click on the sponsored link on the right.

Click on the "Recommended sytems" link. It should be listed as:
(Mar 26) Dimension 2400 2.66GHz
Includes Money Off + Free Delivery + Free Processor Upgrade!

Dell include the 3year warranty, so what you do is click on the 1yr warranty, which takes £100 off the price! And don't take any of Dell's add-ons. They are expensive! This should get the price to £381.

p.s Aspman - yes it does include free delivery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…