Budget Case

Jdoki 08:59 05 Jul 05

Hello all

I may be asking the impossible here...

Could anyone advise me on a cheap (in the region of 25quid give or take), good quality, ATX PC case. Prefer a Midi or Mini.

Easy access to install components would be nice, but most important thing is that it has good airflow as it'll be used to build a fairly high spec machine, so 120mm fan mounts would be great (also to keep the noise down as it'll be used in the living room)!

Inclusion of a PSU is not important.

Thanks in advance for any help.

961 09:33 05 Jul 05

I bought a Dabs Value case for around that. It came with a case fan included and a 400w psu. It was easy to work with and has performed faultlessly over the 18 months since I bought it

Arnie 11:28 05 Jul 05

Jdoki. Look here.

click here

They have a good selection of cases. The postal cost is also reasonable and they have good contact details.

Order Value Up to £30: 0.5Kg to <15Kg. £5.86 inc. vat.

Aspman 12:38 05 Jul 05

Ebuyer have loads of budget cases. Check the buyer reviews for genuine opinions. Too many to pick any one out. Some have free postage.

click here

The above is one with 14 reviews and 5 stars. £20 including VAT with a 400W PSU.

Don't know how much I'd trust the PSU personally but....

they've got an Antec SLK1600 beige for £28.56 + VAT (no PSU) I've bought lots of those they're a very well made case. But not too pretty. There are SLK2600 and 3000 cases not much dearer which look a lot nicer.

The same cases are available with PSU for a good price. The PSUs are worth £30 on their own.

Stuartli 13:24 05 Jul 05

I paid £26 for my current MIDI case (forgotten the make) about four years ago - the PSU is an Enermax.

Because I needed a higher powered PSU I paid £21 including p and p on e-Bay for a 500w model recently and found out on removing the Enermax that it has a mere 100w output.

But it's coped admirably with everything thrown at it until now, before I discovered that a new GeForceFX card required a power supply of at least 300w and preferably 350w... Even so it was apparently coping with the card.

Jdoki 13:45 05 Jul 05

Thanks for the feedback.

All my previous builds have used high spec cases (Coolermaster and Lian Li etc), but for once I just need a cheapo case. I was worried that cheap price may equal poor cooling - but from the sounds of it there's plenty of choice and they all perform OK.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…