BTC Dvd Writer

maz2 15:31 26 Apr 04

Anone got one of these and if so what do you think of it I think the one suggested by my PC shop was an 8x

maz2 21:25 26 Apr 04

bump

struggle8 15:23 27 Apr 04

hey pcworld do a Emprex x8 multi format DVD+r DVD-R DVD-RW DVD+RW for a mir £69.99 had no problems yet

maz2 16:02 27 Apr 04

I'm in a bit of a bind because the PC is still under guarantee so I have to stick with the supplier for the first 12 months so I just wondered if anyone had any experience of the BTC

sil_ver 17:51 27 Apr 04

Not personally had BTC DVD-R but asking around The impression is that they do have problems. So the answer seems to be 'You get what you pay for'

maz2 23:23 27 Apr 04

Ok thanks for that, I suppose I'll have to get one from them as I don't want to void my guarantee, anyway I suppose if it's no good I can always send it back Cheers

rickf 08:32 28 Apr 04

Not with this particular one but I had a bad experience of a BTC DVD player which worked for about 3 months. Not a good manufacturer in my experience.

karmgord 19:17 29 Apr 04

My BTC DVD -RW works fine BTW its the burner Amacom fit in thier external dvd writer.

karmgord 19:19 29 Apr 04

That should read DVD + and - RW

sil_ver 11:07 29 Jun 04

Maz2
That your PC is under warranty shouldn't stop you upgrading your drive and shouldn't nullify your warranty UNLESS the drive in some way compromises your warranted bits, after all you can add more memory or add-on cards, PCs were meant to be upgraded.

Stuartli 11:12 29 Jun 04

BigPockets has just announced the 12x LiteOn DVD rewriter at, wait for it, £70 including VAT.

BTC is a well established brand and, if you have a look at various makes of other drives, you will spot that many of them are absolutely identical i.e. they are rebranded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…