BT Yahoo Security any good?

cassius.uk 01:00 01 Jul 06

Hi, I am on BT Broadband, and they provide a security package, with Norton Anti-Virus, Norton Personal Firewall, and BT Anti-spy.

Anybody know if these are any good or have any web links for me?.

I just want the best security package(I have NOD32 I can use, Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite, Kaspersky. I just would like your opinions what I should do as I would prefer a all in one package, also if anybody knows what version of Norton BT Yahoo uses.

Thanks very much

Cassius.uk

jimv7 08:42 01 Jul 06

I would stick with nod 32 and zone alarm, together with windows defender.

you could also use avg or avast, both of which are free.

Jimmy14 18:53 01 Jul 06

Norton anti-virus and Personal are both bery good programs which I would stick with If I was you. I use them integrated in my Norton Internet 2006 package and they are very reliable and secure.

dewskit 20:04 01 Jul 06

I am still running Windows 98SE on this machine, and BT dowloads gave me Norton 2005. However I think that if you have XP you will get Norton 2006.

I had a lot of trouble trying to get Norton Antivirus to install, despite having had Norton Internet Security Suite 2004 runnint problem free for the past year. It insisted there were still parts of Panda Platinum on my machine. After several hours of hair tearing I finally managed to get rid of this by downloading a program from the Panda site, following advise on this forum to someone who had previously had trouble uninstalling Panda.

Seems to be working OK now, but I am back to receiving 'Insufficient Resources' messages. I had this before and managed to do some judicious pruning which seemed to be fairly effective.

Hope this helps!

Tony

dewskit 20:05 01 Jul 06

sorry - running, not runnint!

notmymess 02:09 02 Jul 06

Absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the security offered bt BT broadband systems
Spam control is also excellent

grumpygramp 11:57 02 Jul 06

I found Norton slowed my system down considerably
zone Alarm security Suite is my choice

cassius.uk 13:32 02 Jul 06

Im going to stick with Nod32, Zone Alarm, and windows defender.

Thanks for all your comments but the norton programs slowed down my computer considerably

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos