BT Wholesale and canceled ADSL line

BJ 09:02 14 Jan 03
  BJ 09:02 14 Jan 03

I moved house on 10th January 2003, I've had BTopenworld ADSL for 18 months. The procedure to cancel was quite stright forward just a few emails.Then I contatced BT on 150 to transfer my voice account to my new telephone line and keep the same number as it's on same exchange. All went well, a call to confirm the date and time of change over, a call the evening of change over to check everything was OK.

Then the BIG problem, I tried to order a new ADSL line connection on Monday 13th January. I was then informed that the records of BT showed that the telephone line in new house was already activated as ADSL.It was not as I'd taken my telephone number with me all their records showed that it was still an ADSL line. After a long and somewhat useless telephone call to BT wholesale I was informed that it takes 5 working days for the information about disconnecting an ADSL line to go through there system. So it will be Friday 17th January before I can place an order with any ISP to start the process to install a new ADSL line.

So anyone out there who works for BT can tell me why a voice line can be changed over with no problems, but a telephone number which has been taken to a new line on a new adress stays in system for 5 working days before I can reorder a new ADSL line. Bt guy was useless an jobs worth, no superviser available and could not give me a telephone number to compalin to.

BT whole sale has a monoploy in most of UK, they provide a very poor customer service on ADSL side of the company.

You've been warned if you move house and take telephone number with you.

BJN

BJ 11:59 16 Jan 03

Well my complaint must have been noted, they cleared the way for me to order the new ADSL line on Tuesday pm. I got a telephone call asking if I still wanted to place an order. I order is now in place. Line if everything is OK to be activated 22nd January 2003

Pays to let them know when your not happy with there snail pace of a company.

BJ

philspace 00:15 05 Jun 04

Hello and thanks for reading!

Just signed up a few days ago for broadband service with e7even.com.

A day or so after, I was contacted by one of their sales team to say that BT couldn't enable my line as the "streetbox" was unable to take any more connections??

I may be wrong, but I thought the necessary work was carried out at the local exchange !

Anyway, I contacted BT Wholesale to try and make some sense of this, but so far they haven't replied to my e-mail.

Wonder if anyone else has had this similar problem ?

Best Regards,

philspace

Forum Editor 00:21 05 Jun 04

on this subject philspace.

Your use of someone else's old thread will be looked upon as hijacking, in addition to which that person (BJ) will be getting an email each time someone posts a response to your problem.

I'll lock this thread now - feel free to post again in a new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…