The BT voyager wireless adsl router..

Magik ®© 11:30 24 Jul 04

just in case someone else goes down this path, my first two PC's were both win98, tried to set up a wireless network, in the end got Linksys to help me, then changed to a XP laptop, what a nightmare, had to have that done by remote assistance........ a few days ago decided to go with the BT voyager, mainly so that one PC did not have to be on for me to surf around on the other..the box was delivered, there was about 4 lines of instructions,plug the voyager into the mains, put the CD in, which came up with the "please wait" then "next" "next" told to put the laptop adapter in, box came up for the username, filled it in..next box said....You can now surf the internet.......put the CD in the desktop, asked to plug the usb adapter in, and straight away, it said there was two PC's connected..and that was it...all up and running in under 10 minutes...could not believe it..ace.

just thought you would like to know :-))

MIKE 11:38 24 Jul 04

As a further vote of cofidence to Magik ®© dealings with a BT Voyager. I too use the same set up, and also found the setting up went like a dream. I would also say when networking with two other PC it was easy peasy it was a delight to use and I would recomend it to anyone. We all at time slate BT but with this type of hardware they have come up trumps.

wee eddie 16:01 24 Jul 04

or does that not make much difference to the perceived speed

Sans le Sou 16:33 24 Jul 04

They got both, there is a Voyager 2010 with 11g.

Sans le Sou 16:38 24 Jul 04

Make that 2100, 2010 is a telephoneclick here

Magik ®© 17:01 24 Jul 04

for all intents and purposes the speed is the same as it always was..

Forum Editor 17:43 24 Jul 04

I'm after one of these, and a best price of £81.98 looks good to me.

Sans le Sou 21:12 24 Jul 04

You're welcome

ensonricky 22:59 24 Jul 04

Go for Netgear, better support and a wider range of complementary devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…