BT Vision launch Monday 4th Dec…a hit or a miss??

sceptic2020 17:24 30 Nov 06

What do you think of the BT Vision launch? I am not sure if I should be excited or cautious because I have been a BT customer for over 7 years and often I have experienced problems with their broadband, telephone and customer service. Therefore I am sceptic whether they will be able to pull this off… Don’t get me wrong, the service bears some attractive bits excl. potential prices…but will this really work…

Sceptical as usual…but do I have a point???

citadel 22:55 30 Nov 06

I have never heard of it, look's like nobody else has either.

€dstowe 06:39 01 Dec 06

I think BT's publicity machine has badly failed here if what you say is correct. I'm both a business and domestic user of a number of BT products and services but I'm not aware of this launch and, as has already been pointed out, it seems others aren't either.

Stuartli 09:01 01 Dec 06
  sceptic2020 09:28 01 Dec 06

I wouldn't have heard about it if I had not spoken to my account manager about my problem with the broadband...otherwise I would have been in the same boat like you guys!

€dstowe 10:46 01 Dec 06

I was aware that BT vision was planned but I still haven't found anything about its launch on Monday.

The BT link in Stuartli's post is poor in the extreme. How come they have a voice-over with a speech impediment?

Not impressed.

anchor 14:31 01 Dec 06

€dstowe: I agree, not a good advert.

Perhaps the quality of speech is to prepare you for the sound quality that the service will provide - lol.

Anyway, it not for me; don`t have BT broadband, and no intention of changing over from Pipex.

Colin 16:51 01 Dec 06

There was an article about it on last night's BBC news. It's another "create your own TV channel and watch what YOU want to watch" like the advert for Sky Plus. Sorry? I thought that's what I pay you £43.50 a month for. "The customer is in control" - that's just a fancy way of saying you're doing it yourself.

HXP 00:11 02 Dec 06

BT has rolled out braodband en masse - possibly driving the market and competitors to do the same.

BT roll out a new product - the competion will follow.

Innovation is never easy - I am sure as the technology matures it will improve.

3 years ago I was on dial up - now I am on broadband which we all take for granted, I am sure soon we will view this in the same way.

Glad to see things moving on, competion for other broadcasters and suppliers must be a good thing.

Sometimes you have to be positive about new products.

€dstowe 06:41 02 Dec 06

I'm all for being positive about new products and for innovation but the BT approach on this is abysmal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac