BT Restriction of speed

Mark5001 14:00 04 Sep 09

I now have BT option 3 Unlimited Broadband. On August 28th I got an e-mail stating that I had used 80GB of my allowance for the month and if I went over 100GB then my speed would go to 1MB for 30 days. I could not have used this amount as the net is only used for homework, learning welsh and general surfing. On my old 20MB virgin broadband I only ever used about 10GB a month doing nothing different. Anyway I shut the hub down for the last 3 days of the month completely, unplugged from the phone line and power. and somehow I used another 20GB and now my speed is restricted. I have switched off the BT FON and BT OPENZONE from the hub and it is not showing unauthorized logins from the wireless. BT are adamant that I have used over 100GB and will not give me a breakdown of how and when so I seem stuck. There is also no mention of a 100GB limit in their T&C just a fair use policy. What if anything can I do about this conundrum? TIA. Mashy.

spuds 19:28 04 Sep 09

One of these might help!.

click here
click here
click here
click here

Mark5001 09:36 05 Sep 09

Thanks but knew those already. Due to y
the overwhelming responses I will close this now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…