BT Price and Option Changes.

spuds 22:55 16 Apr 03

I have just received information from BT that they are making changes to their services as from the 1st June 2003. The old BT Together and Surftime option will no longer be available as a joint package. BT now propose to offer two services. BT Together at £11.50 per month, with the option of adding-on Surftime at £7.00 per month. This will increase the monthly bill by £3.00, as the old joint BT Together with Surftime was only £15.50.

I know this will have an effect with some people in a similar situation, as that of myself. I use to subscribe to Lineone originally, then was transferred to Tiscali. In both cases I could only use my ISP in conjunction with my line operator BT, by having the joint package. Looks like more pressure to head for the broadband route.

Happy1 23:21 17 Apr 03

Yes I got my letter today. Thought it was a bill. apparantly they had a lot of people wanting a new system. I never got asked though. I am one of those who will be paying more. They have chosen option 1 for me plus surftime. BT broadband is beyond my means but Ithink that is what we will eventually all have to have. I would love to have cable instead but the council here wont allow cables to be laid.(village) They have them in town though. Very cheap NTL 3 options plus you can have phone and digital TV.

fitcher 20:14 18 Apr 03

I can not understand anyone agreeing with prices of bt .I dont mind paying for a gas bill .they have to produce the gas and repair large pipe lines
and I do not mind paying for water they have to maintain large pipes also .and so with electricity .but to recieve a bill the same amount as both of these utilities .from a company I have paid a line for over and over again and use enough electricity to light a bike battery ,with a lot of lines put down in the thirties .no wonder they have wipped the payments of billions they paid for licences in so short a time . they make money cheaper than the royal mint

spuds 01:08 19 Apr 03

fitcher- It is the way of commerce, I am afraid. The point that I would make, is that I have to pay many "pipers" for an internet connection, with the result that I am in the hands of differents IT companies, for one end product.As I have stated previously, looks like broadband heading my way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…