BT & Others for 56k Dial Up

techie4me 14:27 12 Mar 08

I've been helping a family friend out who wanted to get connected to the internet.
Due to their low usage of the net they opted for 56k dial up.
But no one seems to want to provide it!
BT & Tiscali would only send out Broadband Software.
And after 7 calls to BT still no one wants to supply my friend with a 56k dial up service!

So it's looking like Broadband is the only way to get connected & on a service they will hardly use.

David4637 14:47 12 Mar 08

I am on Tiscali dial up, if you go to their web site, you should be able to set it up without any CD software. They do many packages, one is about £5 per month after 6 pm usage. I could give you the details if you get stuck, to type in if you decide to use them?
Tiscali are very reliable once you get connected, but their customer service is not very good, if you have connection problems.
David

dfh 15:18 12 Mar 08

BT still do dial up and bt yahoo anytime packages see here click here
If that helps

boots2 15:29 12 Mar 08

Just set a modem up for my sister with mail free 0845 No from UKU Connect found it on Google and it wooks fine good E-Mail addess to ending @uku.co.uk

citadel 15:55 12 Mar 08

bt put up price of dial up so it was nearly the same as broadband.

freyabo 19:20 12 Mar 08

I signed up for this free dialup service, as back up formy BB. Have'nt needed to use it, but looks good, and easy to set up

click here

techie4me 14:01 13 Mar 08

My friend has finally decided that she will go with BB.
Seems however much she contacts BT(Indian Call Centre) they just dont want to help her get set up on 56k Dial Up.

Thanks for the input everyone.

anchor 15:10 13 Mar 08

The link to "free-dial up, (as give by freyabo), gives full set-up instructions for many versions of Windows).

I assume that your friend has an ordinary 56k modem installed in their PC; (impossible to connect without one). This should be connected to the phone socket.

setecio 22:14 13 Mar 08

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

Alot of the above don't need any registration, just setup a dial up networking connection with the username and password they say to use on the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…